Delaying Hard Fork For 2-3 Weeks

by BlakeKeiller, Monday, November 23, 2020, 15:53 (307 days ago)

I still haven't released the final version of 0.2.1 with the hard fork code. The first release candidate set the hard fork block at 4500. We are currently at 4289, which means we should reach 4500 in just over a week.

I'm getting useful information about the code that should lead to significant improvements so I think it's best to delay the hard fork until block 5000. I'll try to release a second release candidate within a week.

No one should be staking with 0.2.1rc1, but just in case they are: don't. Keep staking with the latest release (0.1.11). If you stake with 0.2.1rc1, your blocks will be orphaned.

Delaying Hard Fork For 2-3 Weeks (0.2.1rc2 link)

by BlakeKeiller, Tuesday, December 01, 2020, 14:06 (299 days ago) @ BlakeKeiller

Here is the second release candidate for 0.2.1:

https://proofgold.org/proofgold-0.2.1rc2.tgz

This has the new hard fork parameters (with the hard fork starting at block 5000, in 2 or 3 weeks).

There are also a number of other changes that I won't list here. Unless someone points out a serious problem I plan to release this as the official 0.2.1 this weekend. Everyone will need to upgrade by Block 5000.

RSS Feed of thread
powered by my little forum